Thursday, June 14, 2007

Near the 100 mile mark!

I am a member of sportbikes.net and have been quite active lately. It is a nice forum and full of information, picture, help, and all types of riders. I suggest that forum to anyone.

I have 98 miles on the bike! I decided to open throttle on a straight in third gear and omfg! I read that the seals in street bikes break-in after a few minutes of riding so I went ahead decided to get it over 6k rpm. I was going 50 and needed to get over a speed bump. That is what sucks about where I can do my riding. There are so many of these damn speed bumps. Luckily the one I was approaching had a open space in the middle.

I am thinking about getting a sticker made for my helmet that says something to the effect of "Is 20 years in 'pound me in the ass' prison for manslaughter worth proving something to me?" There is a thread on sb.net that is all about the annoyances of cagers and ragers tailgaiting. One person said that ice bombs-into-the-windshield would work well. Some say stickers that say "f*ck off" or "get the f*ck off my ass" would work, I thik that would enrage them more. I am not the victim of a tailgating for my bike yet, but assholes do that to me in my truck.

On another note, I was looking into getting a riding permit (not license), but in Texas a licensedd rider must be able to see you. I dont know anybody with a bike that could go group riding with me, and my licensed dad doesn't have a bike.

Oh wells. Gonna go to the huge parking lot and practice curves and getting up to 60mph fast for road travel. I was itchn' for a GSXR600 recently until I goosed my 250. Holy shite. I think I nearly pissed my pants. The downward pointing peg-thing on the foot pegs catches my pants. I wanna know if that is necessary or if I can remove it.

Ohwell, if it doesn't rain I'll finish my 100 mile goal finally breaking in the tire and go get some gas.

Bye for now. It's kinda hard to ride and do new things while unlicensed and father on the jobeveryday of the week outta town.

2 comments:

Derek said...

Yeah trust me. patches are better than stickers, cagers see them when you're at a STOP.

Remember to always:

- Ride to arrive
- Never incite roadrage unless you like being in uncomfortable situations
- Dress to arrive

Sportbikers are an interesting crowd. We tend to get more furious and have a fiery spit to our attitude often times. There are many that aren't that way but anyone who encourages "ballbearings out of your pocket" and throwing things at cagers is usually a squid or just asking for trouble.

Remember... sometimes pulling over to let the asshole tailgating you by at the cost of your "dignity" is better than being in an uncomfortable situation. There will always be someone who has to prove something. There will always be an asshat on the road who is careless and there will always be dangerous people.

It only takes ONE to ruin your day, don't forget that.

Derek said...

PS: "There are old bikers and there are stupid bikers. But there are NO old stupid bikers."