Monday, May 12, 2008

Finally Licensed and Ready to go


This is going to be a long post.

After about an exact year of waiting, I have my license. I would have had it sooner, but college sucks. The licensing went easier than expected. I went and did the written test Wednesday, and took the driving test Thursday. Basically it was about 10 minutes of riding down a 50mph road, turning to a neighborhood, getting back on the fast road, and parking at the DPS. No hard U-turns that I was expecting. Comparatively, getting the license was 10-20x easier than taking MSF, but I still intend to retake it.

Brought it to college Saturday, and I've been doing easy riding. College Station is a ghost town after semesters and during summer. Sunday: I rode a couple miles to work, then went to the REC to work out. I didn't have a parking pass. The violation would cost $40, but ironically, the permit till August was $11.

The bike does good. I might like a bit more power in first and second gear. I have to be in 4th to be moderately revved @45-50 MPH. When I launch, to be swift enough, I have to race and shift fast to get to speed. I've learned that I need to allow more stopping distance as well.

I was sitting at a light for a good 5-10 minutes waiting to make a left turn. I guess there wasn't enough weight to signal the light to change :D. Now here's a pic of my babies:

No comments: